Monthly Club lunches are held at the Black Watch Armoury.
Table configurations and set-up formats will vary lunch by lunch (eg. long house, u-shape, e-shape, or other).
Twelve (12) new reasons to attend the Danish Club Lunch
“And it’s worth the flight to Montreal” assures Steve Morck, Director of The Danish Canadian Museum, Dickson, Alberta.
- An opportunity to enjoy “hygge” (all ages welcome)
- Second and third rounds of Aquavit (courtesy of the Danish Club)
- All-you-can-eat freshly made smørbrød at each table
- Downtown location for easy access (by bus, metro, walk or car)
- Quicker to-and-from time for downtown-based working professionals
- Extended after-lunch hours for the cash bar at reasonable prices, for those who like to stay longer
- A great, warm and welcoming experience for Danish Canadians from other clubs across Canada who are in Montreal for pleasure or business
- 15 brands of Scotch selection including the Black Watch’s own private brand
- Faxe (tall) cans of beer at each table setting
- Well stocked selection of beer, wine, and spirits at reasonable prices
- Lunch held in the Officer’s Mess – an impressive room with a blend of antique furniture and art, with contemporary leather sofas in the lounge area, and a private cash bar … very comfortable if you bring guests, friends, family, work colleagues, customers or suppliers
- Ample parking spaces – with three adjacent parking lots or metered parking nearby on streets (paid parking at $5.50 per hour or $13.00 fixed price – read details below).
By the way, if you are from other Danish Clubs in Canada, and/or if you travel to or through Montreal for business or pleasure, be sure to schedule time to join us for our monthly smørrebrod lunch. Our location is conveniently located downtown close to all major hotels.
Members and guests meet to “hygge” for socializing and a luncheon (smørrebrød, øle and snaps) on the second Wednesday of each month.
Danish Smørrebrod: Each month, club members volunteer to be on the following month’s lunch preparation team. This new lunch preparation team concept provides a variety of Danish foods and styles month by month for members and guests to taste and enjoy.
Registration: By email, required in advance and no later than two (2) days prior. Send an email to email@example.com including your name, telephone, and the number of guests. The dress code is business/informal for men and women. Jacket and tie are preferred for men and no jeanswear.
Location: Black Watch Armoury, 2nd Floor, 2067 Bleury Street, Montreal, QC H3A 2K2, (North of President Kennedy Street on East side of Bleury).
It’s a very short walk from a few metres north of the Place des Arts Metro Station (west entrance/exit at Bleury and President Kennedy).
A paid parking lot can be found immediately north and adjacent to the Black Watch Armoury located on the east side of Bleury which runs southbound only from Sherbrooke. ($5.50 per hour or $13.00 flat fee).
A paid parking lot can found on the east side of Bleury, south side of President Kennedy accessed from de Maisonneuve in the eastbound only direction ($5.50 per hour).
Paid metered parking can be found eastbound and westbound directions on President Kennedy, and eastbound only direction on de Maisonneuve ($5.50 per hour).
From the Aiport, take a taxi or take the 747 Bus and get off at Sherbrooke and Bleury and walk north 10 minutes.
Time: 12.00 noon for a social hour with lunch served at 1.00 PM.
Guests: Members are encouraged to invite guests.
Contribution: An amount of $30.00 per member and $35.00 per guest is collected at the door to defray costs.